Monday, April 22, 2019

Letters I'll never post

Dear Lady with a freckle on her nose,

Hope things are good at your end. It seems almost crazy that it has been over 10 years since the first time I met you. You did not make a mark in my life the first time we met, but pretty soon I was hopelessly, undeniably, uncontrollably in love with (the concept of loving) you. It almost seems stupid. All the silly things I did to catch your attention, to get you to smile at me. I'm just glad that I had that experience, it wasn't adulterated, it wasn't complicated. It was simple. I liked you.

I just love having one of those things that immediately remind you of one, and I have truckloads of such stuff for you. I can never listen 'Agar Tum Mil Jao' without you popping into my head. I just love the feeling of nostalgia mixed with a huge scoop of embarrassment that it brings to me. I have had many such stuff before and even more such stuff after, but yours was different. Not in a "You are not  like other girls, I like you"  kind of way. But, in a "I'm certain I'll never have such a feeling" kind of way. It was cheesy, It was cringe-y, It was desperate, but I'm glad it happened.

I know I probably might never see you again, and I know my eyes do not have the heart emojis when I think of you now (I mean that's normal, it's been frigging 10 years!) and I'm okay with that. In fact, I hope I never run into you again. I am not the person I was and I'm sure you also would have changed, so instead of  having a reality check, I'd rather have my memories of you suspended in time.     

Yours,


Overzealous boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment